|May||May 16||Presidents’ and Principals’ Luncheon||11:30 a.m.||UNF|
The Duval County Council of PTA is offering a new award based on PTA Unit participation in the PTA Leadership Workshop.
Criteria for Award: 3 ITEMS must be met in order to qualify.
- PTA/PTSA has a minimum of 5 members from their local unit each attend 3 hours of the county leadership workshop classes.
- Must be a PTA in good standing: See all SIX requirements on our website,
- Submitted to the DCCPTA Awards Chair:
- DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE Noon, the day of the April DCCPTA General Meeting (check DCCPTA.org website for exact date).
Location: Duval County School Board Building, Cline Auditorium, 1701 Prudential Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32207 (bring ID)
Mail Application to: Attn: Awards Chair, DCCPTA, P.O. Box 5397, Jacksonville, FL 32247-5397.
Click here for the Leadership Workshop Application.
National PTA School of Excellence is a recognition program that supports and celebrates partnerships between PTAs and schools to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being for all students.
What Does it Take to Become a National PTA School of Excellence?
By enrolling in this program, your PTA and school administrators are making a year-long commitment in identifying and implementing an action plan for school improvement based on PTA’s National Standards for Family-School Partnerships.
Those that exhibit improvement are honored as National PTA Schools of Excellence, a distinction that spans two years. Honorees receive celebration tools and automatic consideration for the Phoebe Apperson Hearst Award and a $2,000 grant for their school. PTAs are encouraged to renew their designation each year, or every other year, to continue to build on their momentum.
Click Here to learn more about the National PTA School of Excellence Program.
DCCPTA’s Fall Leadership Workshops will be held September ??, 2016 from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm.
Health & Safety
Handouts For PTA Leadership Training Program
All Pro Dad
Treasurers – Finance
Join us at UNF for our biggest Celebration of the Year!
Duval County Council of PTAs is holding the PTA Reflections Program Reception and Awards Ceremony, Friday, May 6, 2016, Reception at 6:00 pm, Awards Ceremony begins at 6:30 pm. honoring the State and County Winners of the 2015-2016 National PTA Reflections Program “Let Your Imagination Fly”. The event will be held at Atlantic Coast High School, Performing Arts Center (located on the backside of the high school), 9735 R.G. Skinner Parkway, Jacksonville, Florida 32256.
April 26 – End of The Year Awards Deadline
- Award applications – including History books and electronic History submissions – are due at the April General Meeting, Tuesday April 26 from 8:30 am to NOON, outside the Cline Auditorium at the School Board. Do not drop off anything at the School Board except on Tuesday April 26th 8:30 am to NOON. There is no one at the School Board Building to accept awards on behalf of PTA.
- If one is unable to make deliver that day, please contact email@example.com to arrange a possible pick-up date/time before Tuesday April 26th.
- Award applications MAY BE MAILED – AT YOUR OWN RISK – to our P.O. Box. However, the awards must be received by 5:00 pm THE DAY BEFORE THE GENERAL MEETING. (This year, that date is Monday, April 25.)
- We cannot accept late entries because judging begins on several of the awards immediately following the April General Meeting.
If you would like to see the complete state winners list Click Here.
2014-2015 Reflections Program
Theme: “The World Would Be a Better Place If…”
Duval County Council of PTAs Winning Entries
Reflections is a nationwide arts appreciation and recognition program for students in grades PK-12. The program allows students to express themselves artistically based on a common theme. The theme for the 2014-2015 school year was “The world would be a better place if…”
Entries were judged on Interpretation of Theme, Artistic Merit, Creativity, and Mastery of Medium. Each entry was accompanied by an artist statement to describe the student’s interpretation on the theme.
In Duval County, we had 20 PTAs participating in this year’s Program. 680 entries were judged and recognized at the school PTA level. Of that, 242 entries were judged at the County level, 58 entries were forwarded to Florida PTA for the State level for competition. Seven entries were forwarded to the National PTA where 2 were nationally recognized. The number of Duval County entries recognized at the state and national level is more than twice that of the last few years.
For each art category in each grade division, three entries earned the Award of Excellence. These entries have been forwarded to the State Reflections program. Also in each art category in each grade division, up to five entries received Honorable Mention with the Award of Merit.
This year, Duval County has the winner of the nation-wide Theme Search contest. Brianna Eisman, from Douglas Anderson School of the Arts was one of five students forwarded by Florida PTA to the National PTA for consideration for the 2016-2017 theme. She went on to win the nation-wide theme search. Her winning theme for 2016-17 is “What is Your Story?”
We are very proud of all participants and hope that they feel proud of a job very well done.
DCCPTA wishes to thank all of the Local Unit Reflections Chairs, parents, and volunteers for their extensive support of our students throughout this program. Also, a big thank you to all of the judges in each art category who volunteered their time and expertise to allow so many students’ efforts and hard work to be recognized far beyond their local schools.
Congratulations to all of our students!