Upcoming Important Dates:
- National Voter Registration Day: 9/28/21
- This is a great date to think about a voter registration drive for high school units
- Click on the link: National Voter Registration Day for resources
- National Voter Education Week: 10/4/21 – 10/8/21
- Click on the link: #NationalVoterEducationWeek #NVEW for resources and information
- November Elections: 11/2/21
- Click on this link for the latest information about elections in Duval County: Home (duvalelections.com)
- Legislative Session: 1/11/22 – 3/11/22
- Committee meetings are already in progress to begin drafting legislation
- Florida PTA Legislative Conference: 1/30/22 – 2/1/22
- In-Person and Virtual event
Federal law requires equal opportunities for all children. But with less than three percent of the federal budget dedicated to education, the reality is that too many students go without.
PTA is committed to ensuring that parents have a seat at the table whenever decisions are made that impact our children-at local school boards, in local and state government and in the halls of Congress. PTA fights for your child and every child.
Remember that PTA is nonpartisan and works to direct its efforts at members of all political parties in order to enact change. When PTA officers or lobbyists participate in legislative activities that educate lawmakers about officially adopted PTA positions or support a particular piece of legislation.