This group of documents provides information related to Florida education legislation. This information can be used to support your views when contacting your legislators.
The Duval County Council of PTA is offering a new award based on PTA Unit participation in the PTA Leadership Workshop.
Criteria for Award: 3 ITEMS must be met in order to qualify.
- PTA/PTSA has a minimum of 5 members from their local unit each attend 3 hours of the county leadership workshop classes.
- Must be a PTA in good standing: See all SIX requirements on our website,
- Submitted to the DCCPTA Awards Chair:
- DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE Noon, the day of the April DCCPTA General Meeting (check DCCPTA.org website for exact date).
Location: Duval County School Board Building, Cline Auditorium, 1701 Prudential Dr., Jacksonville, FL 32207 (bring ID)
Mail Application to: Attn: Awards Chair, DCCPTA, P.O. Box 5397, Jacksonville, FL 32247-5397.
Click here for the Leadership Workshop Application.
Can local PTA/PTSA’s use electronic links back to a sponsor’s website without IRS violations?
Click on this link to download an electronic copy DCCPTA Committee – Use of Sponsor Web site Links Report
Click on this link to download an electronic copy Use of Sponsor Website Links Report FAQ & Supplemental Information
1.Keep it short: Weekly better than monthly – use links
2.Skip the intro: Get to the facts fast
3.Focus on headlines: Use action grabbing headlines, place 3 most important articles first
4.Keep the best information on top: who, what, when, where, how
5.Link back to website
6.Place images to the left: especially of people
- Most Important information first. The more scrolling down the less reading.
- Article must be direct and to the point (who,what, when, were, and how) with a link to more information for people that want more.
- Graphics to the left draw interest to the article.
- A shorter email more often is more effective than a longer email sent less often.
Here is a format I used on an every other week cycle. Example eBlast
If you have a format that is successful please share it with other PTA/PTSAs. email link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Here is a good e-Newsletter from Kirby Smith PTSA. They use the free “Click Here To Volunteer” website that allows them to maintain a website an e-mail list. Kirby Smith Middle School PTSA News Letter 082816.
- Fletcher Middle School uses Constant Contact Email System to send out their e-newsletter. There is a charge for the service. They provide many templates to choose from. This newsletter is very extensive, check it out http://conta.cc/2bBlIGp.
- UCF Parent Newsletter
July 31, 2017, 5:30 – 7:30 PM, Location Cline Auditorium, DCPS School Board Building, 1701 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207.
August 24, 2017, 9:30-11:30 AM, Location Cline Auditorium, DCPS School Board Building, 1701 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207..
Please put these dates on your calendar if you will be serving as presidents & treasurers the coming year.
Please register at least three days before the meeting by Clicking Here.