DCCPTA 2023 Scholarships for Graduation Seniors
The Duval County Council of PTAs (DCCPTA) knows your Future is Calling! For well over a decade, DCCPTA has provided scholarships for graduating high school seniors to offset the cost of their postsecondary education. This year will be no exception! Through generous donations from our local units, community partners and sponsors, a minimum of five (5) $500 nonrenewable (one-time) scholarships will be available. Graduating seniors representing PTSAs throughout Duval County are encouraged to apply. The application deadline is Friday, March 31, 2023 @ 5pm.
Eligible seniors must:
- have their own student membership with a local unit in good standing or through the Sunshine State PTA. Students must be a PTSA member as of 11:59 PM, Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
- be a 2023 graduating senior;
- have an applicable GPA based on their scholarship category requirements;
- complete and submit an online application;
- enroll as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited post-secondary institution by Fall 2023;
- recommendations from one (1) teacher and one (1) community leader, guidance counselor or employer via the following forms:
Seniors may apply in any of the categories listed below:
- UNIVERSITY/FINE ARTS
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE
While a senior may apply for a scholarship in any or all categories, an applicant can only be awarded one (1) scholarship.
For additional scholarship details, click here (Guidebox for Graduating Seniors).
Please access the on-line application and related documents/instructions below via the link or QR code provided.
Please visit this webpage often for scholarship events, information, and updates. We look forward to increasing the number of available scholarships we can award to the outstanding Duval County graduating class of 2023!
For more information, please contact Scholarship@dccpta.org.
Florida PTA Scholarships
State Convention Grant
Need-based grants are available from the Duval County Council of PTAs/PTSAs to support the attendance of PTA leaders, who will be officers/chairs at their local unit, at the Florida PTA Leadership Convention. Recipients are to be selected by the Executive Committee of the Duval County Council of PTAs/PTSAs.
DCCPTA has a grant to support a local unit that would like to attend the Florida PTA Legislative Conference in Tallahassee, FL. The grant will provide financial assistance with lodging, gas, and registration fees. Application will be posted prior to the 2022 Legislative Conference.