6 steps PTA/PTSA Compliance (a.k.a “Good Standing“)
- Register your PTA/PTSA officers with Florida PTA here
- Complete and submit your audit IMMEDIATELY (due August 31st) using the FLPTA Audit form and DCCPTA Audit form, if you have not done so. Submit a copy of each to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, as well as your school’s bookkeeper
- Ensure you file your applicable IRS form 990 by November 15th to the IRS and FLPTA by November 30th – See instructions here . Send a copy of the ACCEPTED return to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Operate your PTA/PTSA under current bylaws (expired if dated before 10/01/19). To update your bylaws, use this 2022-2023 Local Units Bylaws form
- Pay your annual DCCPTA dues ($50.00) exclusively in MemberHub no later than November 1st.
- Submit National and State membership dues ($3.50 per membership sold) MONTHLY via MemberHub or mail, along with the dues payment form, to Florida PTA.
Noncompliance may result in:
- No PTA/PTSA activities, events, or programs for children at your school
- Suspension of all spending until your audit is submitted (membership dues collection only)
- Loss of PTA/PTSA leadership confidence by members
- Your local unit being deemed ineligible to receive DCCPTA and/or FLPTA recognition awards or participate in the Reflections program
- Loss of tax-exempt status
- Graduating seniors (student PTSA members) may be ineligible to apply for DCCPTA and/or FLPTA scholarships through their local unit
- Membership decline
Have questions or need assistance?
You can check the status of your local unit at every General Meeting OR by contacting LocalUnits@dccpta.org.