There are 6 steps to being a PTA/PTSA in compliance or “Good Standing“
1) Following your PTA’s election (each year), information must be entered for President, Treasurer and Secretary, including home addresses, a valid and separate email for each, and phone number. Register your PTA officers with Florida PTA HERE
2) Submit a copy of your both your DCCPTA Annual Audit and Florida PTA Audit (find forms HERE and HERE) to Florida PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org and to the DCCPTA Treasurer at Treasurer@dccpta.org and the bookkeeper at your school by August 31. YOU MUST COMPLETE BOTH AUDIT FORMS!
4) Payment of the State/National portion of membership dues collected: FPTA Dues Form or pay through MemberHub
5) File the appropriate 990 form with the IRS and after completion (due to IRS 11-15), please forward a copy of the ACCEPTED return (by November 30th) to: Treasurer@dccpta.org AND email@example.com See info on how to file HERE
6) Current bylaws: (Check the approval date on the first page; Bylaws are good for 3 years from that date. To renew your bylaws, find information and the online submission form on Florida PTA’s website HERE.)
You can check the status of your local unit at every General Meeting OR by contacting LocalUnits@dccpta.org.