Helpful Membership Information
Why Join PTA?
- The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
National PTA’s New Membership Campaign!
MemberHub information and How To’s
MemberHub live online workshops
MemberHub training for PTAs
Here is a Sample PTA/PTSA Membership Form that includes Permission to Use Student Photo Images, and encourages donations. You can change this form to meet your PTA/PTSA Unit’s needs.
Membership Tips that will help you run a successful membership campaign
PTA Life Memberships
Find out more on how to honor dedicated PTA members Award with a PTA Life Membership
National PTA’s Back-to-School Kit
Sign up for the National PTA’s Back-to-School Kit and then choose Membership for a great overview, more information, and to answer PTA Membership questions.